As a graphic design volunteer you’ll be an integral part of the team that’s working on social media, marketing, print and digital communications, and designing tools to empower our network of grassroots volunteers.
The Graphic Design Volunteer is expected to contribute a minimum weekly commitment of 15 hours per week. Timing is flexible but with the hope of meeting deadlines when they come up. Strong drive to meet commitments. The work is entirely remote.
- Create graphics for our social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) to support StandUp OC’s work regarding political events, activism, and volunteer events/ opportunities. Help convert these into to reusable design assets.
- Build out templates for use by the social media team using Keynote, converting Sketch / Creative Suite graphics into Keynote templates.
- Design and help build email templates for StandUp OC newsletters, fundraising campaigns, and rapid response.
- Work with other designers and our tech team to build layouts and designs for our website and tools that help support our volunteers.
We want to talk to you if:
You're a passionate about great design. You live in Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator. You can work in a team or on your own.
You understand the importance of clear communication that is visual, verbal, and written. You know how to tell a story with pictures.
You're comfortable taking on a number of projects at one time. You respect deadlines and help your team stick to them.
You're excited by the opportunity to volunteer with a progressive organization alongside experts in digital and marketing strategy, online engagement, and community organizing, as well as grassroots leaders from across the country. You're eager to help empower others to make change in their communities.
- Proficiency designing with Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and Keynote.
- A strong portfolio showcasing your design skills. Strong skills in typography and data visualization are a plus, but not required.
- Ability to work well with tight deadlines. We have political situations that need quick responses. As a designer on the team, you'll help support those responses with visual elements and designs in these small windows.
- Strong and efficient communication skills. We are a fully remote organization, so much of our communication needs to persevere in the face of disparate time zones, rapid response scenarios, and through the technology we have available.