Join StandUp OC's team, a group of professionals from tech, media, finance, politics who wake up all over the country committed to flipping Orange County in 2018 and beyond.
We offer both operational support roles as well as leadership opportunities. We are currently an all volunteer organization. Join Us!
Volunteer Social Media Strategist
StandUp OC's Social Media Team seeks an experienced writer and strategist to join our team of people who wake up every day all over the country committed to flipping the House in 2018.
Social media plays a critical role in StandUp OC’s plan to flip the House in 2018. From recruitment to grassroots organizing to supporting our partners in the resistance, we collaborate on a daily basis to publish essential information in a timely way and drive the conversation across a variety of platforms. On any given day, we’re supporting our grassroots organizing efforts to flip Orange Country Blue. We’re writing, editing, designing, and sharing our story.
The Social Media Strategist is expected to contribute a total of roughly 10 volunteer hours per week, including responsibility for posting on and monitoring StandUp OC’s Facebook and Twitter channel 2 or 3 days each week, with flexibility to collaborate with the team on Slack and occasional conference calls. The work is entirely remote.
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging and relevant content on StandUp OC’s Facebook and Twitter channel 2-3 days per week (you'll rotate with the Social Team)
- Execute social strategy for key moments including new launches and building capacity for phone banks, text banks and canvassing events
- Collaborate with StandUp OC Social Team via conference calls and Slack to build the organization
- Internalize the StandUp OC brand positioning and tone of voice to communicate consistently across platforms in an authentic way
- Work closely with leadership team to have our volunteers to take action
- Professional experience in social media marketing for a campaign, non-profit, or brand
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills
- Ability to deliver creative content
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Frequent consumer of political and/or cultural news
- Paid social media marketing experience
- Graphic design skills (e.g. Photoshop)
- Experience using social media analytics tools to improve engagement
- Strong experience building a brand on Instagram and/or Snapchat
- Ability to work at night and/or weekends is a plus
- Deep commitment to StandUp OC’s mission of flipping Orange Country Blue in 2018!
We welcome all applicants regardless of age, citizenship, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy status, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other differences.
Paid for by Stand Up OC. Not authorized by any candidate or candidates' committee. FEC #00640094